My whole school literacy framework is made up of the following elements:
- Professional development for staff
- Literacy elements embedded in learning sequences
- Intervention for those students working below level
Literacy elements are taught explicitly in English, but expanded upon and made specific in other Domains.
(Victorian Curriculum, 2015)
Whole school vocabulary initiative based on the Marzano 6 step process
All students to maintain a glossary.
4 column glossary headings:
- Teacher describes the term
- Students note the term in their visual diary, then describes it in their own words.
- Draw an image to represent the term
Reading and viewing
Whole school writing – Text Types
Whole school writing – Write to Learn
Information literacy – Effective Research
Speaking and listening
Year 9 Your voice, your choice