Week 1. Reading focus: Build stamina – Reading beep test.
Active Literacy passports are signed off by teacher.
Students have the opportunity to read for 10, 20, 30 minutes.
Those who ‘tap out’ early – see Mrs. Ferguson to read aloud, check comprehension and discuss strategies.
Week 2 – Teams task
Watching the learning dispositions of students. How effectively can students collaborate, create and communicate.
EXIT SLIP – TEEL paragraph.
Week 3 – Withdrawal groups to unpack their Common Assessment task – Writing a ‘perfect paragraph’.
- Underline key words – find synonyms: visuwords.com
- What is the question/prompt asking?
- How will you answer – literal interpretation/response to the prompt
- What is your ‘big idea’ – inferential response
- Using language from the prompt, your big idea, form your topic sentence.
Refer to Writing the perfect paragraph poster
Refer to prompt sheet.